So, I was at the Throne of Skulls tournament this summer in Las Vegas. Some of you may recall that the Canadian/US dollar was quite favourable at the time for us using CAD. I was weak. I have a rule that I don’t buy models that I’m not immediately going to work on. But…it was such a good deal. >.<
So I have most of a Dark Eldar army sitting in my room. So, so lonely.
This is the first model I’ve painted, trying to find out what I wanted to do for a colour scheme. I’m pretty happy with it! (macro photography, less happy with).
I got the idea for the colour scheme from the book, it’s one of the non-blue, non-purple schemes in there. I know, you have to search to find it.
The red parts are 50/50 Scab Red and Chaos Black, Scab Red (watered), Blood Red (watered) and then Vomit Brown (watered). The non-red black bits are 50/50 Codex Gray and Chaos Black and Codex Gray. The biegey bits are Bleached bone (watered), Devlan Mud (best colour on the planet) then Bleached bone. The base is (really I’m listing these so I can remember for later!) Chainmail then Badab Black, with some gray drybrushed on the rubble nearby.
I know that there’s a hair on his face. I’ve scraped it off since I took the photos…I couldn’t see it at all. One of the challenges of living with two cats.
I think the photos look good, until you open up the larger versions. I feel like the larger versions show imperfection that I can’t do anything about. Maybe I need to get a little further away…oh photography.